I-205 at Sunnyside Road/Sunnybrook Blvd.
12566 SE 93rd Avenue
VISA, Master Card, American Express, Diners Club, Discover,
Flights - PDX
How did we do?
Monarch Hotel Sustainability Practices - Keeping Oregon Green!
sustainable focus is on recycling and conservation through
waste and usage reduction. All departments in out hotel
take steps to ensure best practices.
Reduce, Reuse, Recycle.
A Few things we do...
▪ Linen and towel reuse option
▪ Use of compact florescent bulbs and recycle energy
▪ Paper products made from recycled materials
▪ Chemical free non-toxic cleaning products
▪ Energy efficient low flow shower heads
▪ Lights, television and HVAC units turned off when rooms
are not occupied (during “mild” climate days)
▪ Discontinue bottled water – Bull Run Reservoir the best
in the Pacific Northwest
Meeting and Banquet Facilities:
▪ Recycle bins in all meeting areas
▪ Rooming lists, banquet event orders requested by e-mail
▪ Complimentary pitchers of wonderful mountain water
▪ Programmable thermostats
▪ Reusable service ware
▪ Energy efficient lighting
▪ Encourage attendees to use Max Light Rail Green Line
Offices and Public Areas
▪ Recycle toner cartridges, paper, cardboard, aluminum,
plastic and batteries
▪ Use of LCD monitors
▪ Equipment and lights turned off when not in use
▪ Print both sides when necessary to print
▪ Use of e-mail internally and with client whenever possible
to reduce waste
▪ Reuse packing supplies
▪ Offer locally grown seasonal food & beverage when
▪ Follow energy efficient practices when business levels are
or restaurant closed.
▪ Used grease recycled into bio fuels by local company.
▪ All to-go containers biodegradable.
▪ All aerosol in kitchen certified no CFC.
▪ Paper towel products from recycled materials.
Transportation, Maintenance and Exterior Maintenance
▪ Recycle company vans used oil, batteries, antifreeze and
▪ Regular maintenance of vehicles preformed.
▪ Regular coordination of transportation schedule to
▪ Energy management system to control all mechanical, HVAC,
and boiler systems and pumping station for water features to
▪ Outdoor pool is seasonal with heater off October through
▪ All plants around property are native to the area and
water to maintain.
▪ Regularly scheduled preventative maintenance on HVAC and
Contact the Hotel
directly for more information!